Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Trading Places

I came up with a vague idea of swapping houses with Abang until we get our own apartment. After all, he's got family while we're just 2 lazybutts who don't really have time to layan the big house. But that's not working out too well right now.

Knowing my sis, she's all NATO. Komen macam2, tapi tak buat homework/ research. I asked her to arrange viewing some apartments, but of course nothing happened. Made a few phone calls today and went to see a few places tadi after work. It was borderline tolerable.

I wanted a place that was dirt cheap while we sorted out the financing and stuff. The problem is, the real cheap spots are too far away, and the area is quite intolerable. We're used to safe, clean streets, I found most of the places too crowded for comfort. I don't really mind downgrading, as long as I have sufficient breathing space. We did manage to find some borderline nice places we could live in, but so far haven't found out the rental costs yet. I suppose the other option is to stay put until we get things set up.

Brings to mind the song Üptown Girl. We're not posh, but we're quite used to having a lot of space. My bedroom could fit most of the apt I saw today, my bathroom could fit their 2nd bedroom and I was wondering where I was going to put the fridge, washer, dryer and stove. It would be a massive downgrading, which I don't really mind in terms of house space, but I would mind cramming in the sense of access roads, parking facilities and general personal space in public areas. A lot of cars is fine, but not parked here there and everywhere, síl vous plait. I'd live in a hut kat tengah hutan as long as I can have fresh air and personal space! I'm not much for crowds, that's for sure.

The good thing is, I've spotted some places that is within our budget. But the rental thing still needs to be sorted out. Hmm.. buruk2 rumah ni, sayang la jugak. I spent a lot of time cleaning it up, and i know it's really cool inside compared to a lot of other places. Hmm.. donno la. Maybe we'll stay put until we find another place kot. With work and everything, tak larat la nak juggle banyak sangat. Nak blog pun tak larat. I'd get ideas while driving, but then takde mood nak write it up. Hmm.. oh well, insya-Allah, will get it done jugak in the end.

No comments: