Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dream Worlds

Most of the time, watching TV shows and movies is just entertainment. Somewhere along the way, watching Grey's Anatomy and CSI Vegas has become an escape of sorts for me. They bring up topics we mostly ignore, and I actually feel something about the characters and storyline! I hated Erica & Callie. Glad they axed Erica Hahn. I hated that cold hearted b***ch. And the lezzie story? EWWW!! HATED that. I actually like the original cast, but seriously, something has to be done about the new interns. How do you expect them to become competent doctors with the residents hogging all the cases?

I normally hate it when shows get too weird, like that "father made pact with the devil" story. But the developments in GA is OK with me. Yes, it's rather strange, but I guess there'll be a valid reason behind it to be revealed soon. In case you're wondering, I'm referring to Denny Duquette appearing back from the dead. Like, huh? Didn't he already die?? But since he's so comel, and Izzie loves him so, I'll bear with it. Much better than trying not to muntah when Callie & Erica talk about having sex. Uwek!

The new cast don't seem very promising. After a few seasons, the writers really need to break open new doors, but do they really need to bring in new people? A lot of undeveloped characters already there, I think. It would be nice to have Burke back, but even if he doesn't, something about Mark Sloane actually developing a real relationship would be interesting. I think he'd team up with Callie a lot better than George and Hahn.

As for CSI, I guess I'm fine with whatever personal things go on among them, as long as they keep showing all those interesting cases. I like it when they are shown to have a little heart, just enough to remind us that they're also human.

I don't watch a lot of TV, so guess I'll forgive myself for loving these 2 series so much :-) In the meantime, work is work, and I'm so glad I'm here, even when the sailing is not so smooth. Having it easy is quite a miracle, so when there are obstacles, I just remind myself that it's par for the course.

So glad pakcik is back. Can finally indulge in restaurant testing again now that my dinner buddy is here. Cheers, peeps :D See you guys around soon!

No comments: