Monday, July 11, 2005

Today Matters, Part II

... continued...

So… JUST FOR TODAY

… I will choose and display the right attitudes
… I will determine and act on important priorities
… I will know and follow healthy guidelines.
… I will communicate and care for my family
… I will practise and develop good thinking.
… I will make and keep proper commitments.
… I will earn and properly manage finances.
… I will deepen and live out my faith.
… I will initiate and invest in solid relationships.
… I will plan for and model generosity.
… I will embrace and practice good values.
… I will seek and experience improvements.

Why? Because Today’s
ATTITUDE Gives Me Possibilities
PRIORITIES Gives Me Focus
HEALTH Gives Me Strength
FAMILY Gives Me Stability
THINKING Gives Me an Advantage
COMMITMENT Gives Me Tenacity
FINANCES Gives Me Options
FAITH Gives Me Peace
RELATIONSHIPS Gives Me Fulfillment
GENEROSITY Gives Me Significance
VALUES Gives Me Direction
GROWTH Gives Me Potential

Just for today… I will act on these decisions and practice these disciplines, and
Then one day… I will see the compounding results of a day lived well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sigh… it’s kind of hard to distill a whole book into a two part blog. Each of the 12 points (also called the Daily Dozen) are elaborated on as a whole chapter in itself… If anyone is interested in reading the book, I’d be happy to swap it with one of yours.

Have a good week ahead, everyone :-)

No comments: