Thursday, July 21, 2005

My Real First Day Using Public Transport

I had allowed myself 3 days of cabbing around while I sorted things out. Now that things are relatively in order again, I figured it was time I checked out the public transport situation. So this morning I hitched a ride to the nearest bus stop and began a mini adventure.

8.30 a.m. Hitched a ride to bus stop nearest the house. Figured it's about 10 minutes on foot.
8.33 a.m. Got onto Putra feeder bus 901-A. 10 minutes later I was at the Tmn Bahagia LRT station. Excellent!
8.45 a.m. Hopped onto a train and stepped off at Taman Jaya station 15 minutes later.
9.00 a.m. Waited for feeder bus 905-A to PJ old town. Got one 8 minutes later.
9.15 a.m. Arrived at Old Town. Decided to stop by the wet market to buy stuff.
9.30 a.m. Already in the office. Good job!!

Things were really great this morning. God must have decided I deserved a break for being patient. It was kind of nice being on a public bus, listening to the driver chatting with this ah-so. Guess you take in more when you walk around and have the luxury of looking out the window while someone else does the driving. Not that I don’t care about my loss, but I have learnt that in times of distress, it’s good to look at the bright side of things and keep your spirits up.

When I saw my new lappie yesterday, I couldn’t help missing my cool silver ATEC. The new HP is technologically superior, but aesthetically a plain Jane compared to the other one. It’s like dating Brad Pitt for six months and suddenly finding yourself stuck with Mr. Bean… Yeah, yeah, lousy allegory, I know. The guys can repeat the scenario with Angelina Jolie or Jessica Alba, whoever…

And I really, really miss my baby Zach, which always took me wherever I wanted to go. I do leave him at the LRT sometimes, losing him altogether is not easy. I keep scanning all the white Satrias that I see on the off chance that it might be my Zach. I do hope that he would turn up soon; I hate thinking what they might be doing to him :-(

Just last night I admitted to Inas that I was starting to feel the anger after 3 days being in survival mode. What has our world come to when people think nothing of stealing valuable items which are necessary to our daily lives? Things that cost a lot of money and people work hard to pay for? I did not buy a car to show off, I bought it because I needed transport and I figured a Satria would last longer than a Kancil. I bought a laptop because our small office operates that way and the company sponsored a portion of it. As it is, I bought the cheapest one that fits my needs. And now I had to fork out extra to get another one. I really don’t need this financial setback, thank you very much…

You can see that I’m royally pissed with the culprits by now. I really hope these jerks will be caught and brought to task for causing trouble. The hudud method of chopping off a thief’s hand is starting to look like a very fair solution to me. If you risk losing a limb for stealing, I’m sure people would think more than twice before deciding that it’s fair game to rob someone of their hard earned belongings :-p

No comments: