Sunday, February 13, 2005

View from my Hammock



Just before going to Tekali, I found the ancient hammock I had bought during my UPM degree days. Hardly used it, only put it up in the pondok in Enggang for a while. Then when I started working; it spent most of its time in my cupboards. It got even more forgotten when I quit camping in '98.

Recently got into a frenzy of home repairs, since I had a bit of time to dedicate to it. Cleaned up the balcony, redirected to air-con hose so it would stay dry and not get all mossy again. Found that the hammock fit just nicely. For the first week, had to forgo the hammock due to other pressing commitments. But once this holiday rolled around, I had time aplenty, Endau trip was cancelled, and I finally started reading there. The hammock was sheltered from prying eyes by the balcony wall, and I had a beautiful view of the sky. It's perfect!

Last night woke up at 4.00 a.m., switched on the light and took my book there. The lighting was just right, it was sheltered from rain and the fresh air was a boon. I loved being outdoors again, even if it was just the narrow balcony outside my room. Hey, when you can't sleep on the beach, you'll just have to make the best of what you have! C'est la vie...

:-) Az

No comments: