Thursday, January 08, 2009

Keep Going...

(Miraculously) managed to scrounge up enough cash to buy myself a new machine yesterday. Went to Digital Mall after dinner and just managed to grab a decent Acer for less than RM2K. Tried to install my Windows XP at home, but got stuck by some complications. Linpus Linux had been pre-installed and was stopping windows from installing. The OS is Greek to me, and I couldn't figure out how to get around it.

So frustrating when you have all the necessary equipment, yet cannot install the tools you need. It's like a roadblock that stalls your efforts. Hrmph. Called the guy this morning but it still didn't work out. Brought it back to the shop and the guys helped to install my XP and the driver while I was at work. Great! Less hassle for me. Nasib baik office dekat.

So now I have a working machine, I hope I can continue working on my project. AND I don't have to stay back late at the office to get my work done. Other than the fact that I'm now broke, life is normal again. To a certain extent. Phew.

2 comments:

Enche Bon said...

Dear Oza,

Great to hear something (ie the laptop) is working like its supposed to be. If not, you need to learn Linux la jawabnya, hahaha...

Cheers and have a great week ahead!

Paus Biru said...

V funny, dude! You have a good weekend too :)