Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Dealing with it

Managed to squeeze in a bit of time to deal with things tadi. Took the comp to HP and they confirmed that the motherboard was dead. Hard luck la. Time to get a new machine. Hopefully I can get one that doesn't give me trouble this time. Wanna get one that's faster, got more space and a DVD writer.

Extracted the hard drive and bought external drive casing for it. It worked fine at the shop, but didn't boot at the office. Will need to figure that one out somehow. At least I have my precious data! Plus that half-finished project file I've been working on!!

Still haven't picked up replacement SIM for K Ayu. Leceh betul la. Just because the account is under my name, I have to go pick up the replacement. She's not allowed to get it herself. What? I'm her mother ah?

Am waiting for the money to come in from Indonesia. As soon as I have that, I can pool my resources and get that new computer. Not the best time to buy a machine, but can hardly stay up late working on my personal projects at the office, can I? It's rather frustrating. Sometimes I feel like I'm moving one step front and two steps back... Let's hope that this is the last of the nonsense for a while.

Cheers, guys. Have a good week ahead :-)

No comments: