Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Networking Help Needed

Does anyone know how to set up a home network? Have been trying to ad nauseam (literally) since yesterday. My computer is doing all right. But sister's PC (which has the DVD burner) doesn't seem to be able to add a Network Place nor view Workgroup Computers. It should at least be able to see its own shared files, right? Right now it's niet. Nada. Zilch. Even when connected directly via LPT1, my lappie can access the PC, but not the other way round. And no, when I tried to move files, everything jammed up.

It's so frustrating. I have enough brick walls and hoops to deal with. Right now it's a petty matter, because I'm basically trying to cut down time required to move all my TV series over the other side for burning on DVD. But it could also mean backing up my work files and other stuff as well. I'm trying not to go nuts over trivial things, but I can't help feeling it's a simple setting problem that's messing things up.

Can anyone help, please?

No comments: