Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Jakun in Me


I don't know how long people have been using this thing, but it's definitely a first for me. Al maklumlah, I hardly ever see the inside of a hotel anymore, even ones behind the house. After the media launch on Friday, there were refreshments served. Went to look for coffee and met this contraption i've never seen before. Actually thought it was a normal coffee machine, but apparently, there's a quirky twist to it. I was all for kidnapping one of the bubbles to make coffee at home. But the boy told me that I should insert it into the slot. This was too good to miss, so i selected a green pod thingy (look at the tray on the right, on the machine) and inserted it into that slot on the big spout (the one on the left, you can see coffee coming out from it). He pressed a button, and hey presto! You have coffee filling up your cup! It was kinda cool. No matter that the contraption looked like it came from an 80's sci-fi movie like Galaxy Quest, isn't it mind boggling to insert a green pod and out comes coffee?

Ha ha. I'm all for quirky. It makes life fun :)

No comments: