Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Networking Done

It seems whining does help, sometimes. After I whined this morning, I tweaked the system a little and somehow managed to link up the network. Not without a few hair-raising incidents, though. At one point I completely screwed the internet connection, which is a lifeline to my research. Nasib baik it was restored. Don't even know HOW I did it. Dok fiddle sana, fiddle sini je.

Sister's PC is still in denial but I managed to move files around on MY laptop and have since managed to relieve both computers of the extra files clogging up the storage. My lappie was starting to complain since it only has 40GB on the hard drive and it was so full of various movies and TV series that the softwares are not getting enough elbow space. It was very slow moving the files even using 2 1Gb thumb drives.

So now it's quicker to share photos and stuff, not to mention backing up my work, without going through tedious copy and pasting with limited gadgets like thumb drives. Heh. And only a few years ago we were dependant on these flimsy things with 1.3 Mb of space called floppy disks ...

1 comment:

Enche Bon said...

Bravo!!

Sometimes, these things work in a mysterious way :) Nasib baik internet tak kaput kan? Have a good weekend dear.

Cheers,