Saturday, May 20, 2006

Taking It All In Stride...

Am in Penang, supposedly to promote an Energy Efficient lifestyle to the Penangites. Had an easy time setting up - the exh company guys helped put up my display boards and shelves. However, the dudes who got the venue had to make do with Island Plaza, one of the most deserted shopping centres I have ever encountered... So the only way I can tick off a reasonable number of visitors to the booth is by chasing after anyone who happens to walk by - something I gave up on hours ago. Surfing lagi best. Am getting free TimeZone from the nearby Starbucks. Ha ha.

On the other hand, I'm enjoying my morning swims at the hotel, and the company of the Energy Commission gang.

- There's Ben, the advertising company dude who would not look amiss in a WWE ring, but is really an adorable guy whose ring tone is his baby's cry.
- Then there are 2 girls hired to distribute leaflets and entice people to their booth.
- En Nawawi + wife and Fiza, from EC.
- And 3 dudes who are supposed to be from a band - D'Putra.

Am not familiar, but may have seen the name on an album cover somewhere... Me like this la... so blur katak when it comes to artistes. What I DO know is, these dudes can SING! They have lovely voices that can sound like Zainal Abidin, Jamal Abdillah, Dato' SM Salim and whoever else at will. Except Celine Dion la. Apparently the Metrojaya staff actually asked them to sing "My Heart Will Go On", except they wrote on the note "You jump, I jump. Ahak 2x". Pening la mamat2 tu nak fikir lagu apa diorang mintak. The guys are singing up a storm, so I have plenty of entertainment.

Managed to get a free crystal heat pack from Fitness First by 'selling out' my good friends this morning. You'll be getting a call from them soon. Tough luck, dudes. Ha ha.

Am planning to buy something for Abah later on, then claim a free manicure from OPI. Almost forgot his birthday. Phew! Nasib baik teringat...

Am torn between sleeping over at my cousin's place or enjoying the hotel facilities tonight. One more morning swim won't go amiss... Besides, I like my privacy. And the sunrise view. The only reason I HAVE to go over to Along's is because I need to audit his house. Already had dinner with them last night. Shoot. Will figure it out somehow.

Am missing out on the Da Vinci code - Acik had an extra ticket for tonight. By the time I balik most people would have watched already. Darn it! Oh well. C'est la vie. Hardly the end of the world, right?

Cheers, peeps. Have a good week ahead :-)

No comments: