Saturday, May 27, 2006

Relieved

Managed to get the CD from the computer shop and painlessly revive my laptop parts from their driver-less condition this afternoon.

Stopped by for a chat with Mr. Thor (Jason's father a.k.a. cantankerous old man in Sepet & Gubra) in his bookstore. They're starting work on a prequel now; hope it will be as good as the previous two.

Just reinstalled my must-have applications, carefully guarding them with Zone Alarm. Norton is a pain and PC-Cillin is too expensive to renew. Hope it will keep off those blasted adware and spyware stuff... Might be a good idea to stay away from Friendster too - it's chock full of traps! Also (unintentionally) installed XP on D: drive - will have to figure out how to get rid of it and properly set up my data stores.

In the process realized how much of a hoarder I was - a data hoarder. I bitch about the piles of junk my sister insists on hoarding, but horror of horrors - I now realize how many unimportant emails I was clinging on to, offers that I might want to take up before they expire 3 months ago, documents that are totally unnecessary, "important" environmental news that I will read "someday"... All gone since the mailbox has gone totally corrupt and any attempt to link it to a fresh Outlook Express will cause it to be irreparably screwed. Don't get started on the half-baked article drafts, pictures I may never ever use but too sayang to delete, "important" stuff to read... Should really clean up my "My Documents" folder. Someday... :-D

No comments: