Monday, January 30, 2006

Hands

People tap into others' personalities, thoughts and feelings in many different ways - the light in their eyes, face reading, writing styles, body language, the list goes on. It's a skill relied on by fortune tellers, spies, psychologists and lie detectors alike.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but hands fascinate me no end. There is something so telling about hands. The pressure of a handshake, the shape of the palm and fingers, the way they are held, all belie secrets untold.
(Disclaimer: This is not a fetish thing!!)

I love strong hands with long, square fingers. They suggest strength tempered with caring and warmth. However, long bony fingers suggest selfishness. Short, pudgy fingers are disturbing to me. Lack of conviction, perhaps? A firm handshake speaks of sincerity. Dead fish swipes smacks of disinterest. Fidgety hands, purposeful moves, each has a story to tell.

But how true are these assumptions?
My own fingers are slender, people say it means I possess artistic abilities. I'm not so sure about that because other than writing, I have no artistic skills whatsoever. Niet, nada, zilch. Some also say they suggest someone who doesn't do housework. I beg to differ; I singlehandedly run the whole damn house, thank you very much.



What secrets are held in these hands? ;)

No comments: