Wednesday, February 01, 2006

What did I get myself into??

Took 4 undernourished cats back with me last night. They're painfully thin and eat as fast as I can feed them, though they're not keen on Pseudo's Super Premium food. Gave them canned food and Smartheart instead, they seem to like it better. Lesson no 1, do not feed cats with stomach problems milk. Had to clean up the kitchen a few times before giving up and banishing them to the garden. One has wandered off, just hope she has the sense to come back for food later. They seem to be smart enough to stick close to me anyways.

Poor Pseudo was pretty game, keeping an eye on the newcomers if they wandered. But now, seeing "his" garden being taken over by the brats, he is now officially merajuk, refusing to come home. Won't even let me pick him up anymore. Oh dear...

I'm so used to having only 2 well behaved cats; 4 unruly cats are going to be a handful. Have spent a good part of the day cleaning up, getting them more food and kitty litter. Still need to go buy vitamins and flu medicine for the little one. Have to fatten them up and deal with their medical conditions before trying to give them away, eventually. Would probably be best to spay/ fix them too. Sigh...

Oh well, I didn't have the heart to leave them behind. They're good cats, they just need a bit more attention and care. Will just have to deal with the mess, I guess. Wish me luck, peeps. Anyone keen to adopt??

No comments: