Thursday, January 19, 2006

Of Clouds and Silver Linings

Was surprised to hear that a friend's long-standing relationship ended over the Christmas holidays. I knew that there were some issues, but I had always thought they would be able to work something out. Poor guy looked quite shattered when I saw him... Long-distance relationships are not easy, and sometimes, you come to an impasse where the outcome may not be to your favor. On the other hand, I suppose you could live next door to each other, and it still might not work out. But then, as they say, ‘Jodoh di tangan Tuhan’. He's a lovely guy and I'm sure he'll find someone, eventually.

As for me, my main concern right now is work, especially the briefing on Saturday, of which the response is quite pathetic. Environment, especially energy conservation is not 'sexy' per se except from a financial savings viewpoint. Even then, there are too many who think RM250 is a reasonable amount to pay for electricity, maybe because rich Dad pays for it kot... Many don't even know how much the bill is! (Guess I was guilty of that too when Mom was around.) And trying to get enough people together during the holiday season is a major pain in the ass, I'm afraid. But my sixth sense tells me it would be OK, and there will be enough people on Sat morning (which I hope is true). Just need to beg a few more people to show up. I promised my boss that there will be 30 people there or I'd pay the excess. Ulp! Haven't even secured houses for home audit in Malacca and Kuantan. Guess will have to take it one at a time la, no choice. Next week is time enough, I suppose.

And relationships? I trust things will happen when the time is right. I'm comfortable as it is. As I once told Reeza, looking for a partner is like looking for the right pair of shoes. There's no point forcing the issue. Too small and they'll pinch. Too loose and they'll fall off. God works in mysterious ways. It will be all right in the end. I'm sure of it :-)

No comments: