Sunday, January 08, 2006

May wonders never cease...

I had been wearing these earrings for a long, long time; ever since my TKC days, I think. My Mom had given them to me; they had become so much a part of me that I hardly ever took them off. Then one day they disappeared. I had felt uncomfortable and had taken them off for a few days. Suddenly I realised that I couldn't find them anywhere! I franctically searched all my bags, desks, etc. They were nowhere to be found. For months I wondered. Each time I opened a spare handbag or a forgotten box, I would hope that they were stashed there. I feared that they might have fallen in the street somewhere and will never be found again. I tried wearing other pairs, but never could for long; they were too uncomfortable. Tried buying new ones, but couldn't find anything I liked as much.

Went upstairs this afternoon and saw them lying in a box near the window. I was so thrilled!! One of the cleaners had discovered them in my box of brochures while cleaning my room earlier. They must have fallen there by accident. Alhamdulillah!! I was so happy I kissed her cheek and cried. Hope I never lose them ever again...

Guess if something or someone is right for you, there is a special bond that either keeps you together or tells you when all is lost. Who knows, my stolen laptop might still turn up somewhere. And maybe someday, someone will see me as I am instead of a pretentious high-class social butterfly wannabe. Maybe. Someday.

No comments: