Saturday, August 23, 2008

Under Siege

As I've often said, dreams are messages from your subconscious. The other day I had a pretty disturbing one. The country was in chaos, we were under seige. Bands of guerrillas roamed, striking fear into everyone. Don't say it had anything to do with "Blood Diamond', because i watched that one ages ago. Anyway, someone aimed a gun into the place where I was hiding with a pile of other people. I was hit - somewhere at the neck-shoulder juncture. Somewhat reminiscent of the injury Warrick was inflicted with. I bled profusely, I thought I was going to die. Fortunately, it being a dream and all, I survived. Someone patched me up. The bullet? Donno la, still there or not. You know la, mimpi. Kena tembak pun tak sakit. Like weakening only. Next scene, injury was healing already. The country was still a little chaotic, but recovering.

So what would all this mean? I hardly remember my dreams, and usually they are pretty tame. But this one was pretty intense. The only thing I can associate it with is my work and finances la. It's been hard going for a while, with cheques being lost and payments being delayed - I really felt I was bleeding to death. Mainly because the job necessitates a lot of travelling, while petrol and parking can be very expensive. Plus, I don't have much time to cook, so a lot of the time, I have to eat out. Luckily, every other day or so I get fed at events. Now payments are starting to come in, plus extra work, so I hope to 'get well soon'.

Sayang, will have to farm out new assignments under Peregrine, but have to be practical la. My job can be rather demanding- my TO DO list is a mile long and I have to juggle 7-8 assignments at a time. I stay back a lot to write, because days are filled with events, calls, meetings, interviews and shoots. Needless to say, I don't have much time for Peregrine anymore. Even weekends aren't sacred. Right now I have a couple of small projects under way, and even that is straining at the seams. But I'd like to keep it going. Peregrine is my baby. Will have to sub out the big chunks and just take a little here and there. Well, everyone knows that life is not easy, so I'm going with the flow, and praying everything works out.

Cheers, everyone. Have a good week/weekend ahead!

No comments: