Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Cats Speak English...

Some of you may have read the story of the lady who procured a dog from the pound, only to be frustrated that it didn't seem to understand any of her commands. In a fit of pique, she spoke to it in German, and lo and behold! It obediently acquisced. The previous owner was German.

MY cats understand English. And Malay too. Wow! They're bilingual! And how do I know this?

Leo refused to eat the food I got him yesterday, the ingrate. SoI told him in no uncertain terms that if he was not interested in the food we bought for him, he was welcome to go hunt his own food.

He must have understood because early this morning, he appeared at my window, wailing loudly. That's weird. He usually just gets on the bed and waits for me to get up. Then he went UNDER the bed, which he never does. I was worried that he might have been hurt, so I shone a light at him; and saw that he was pinning down a hyperventilating field mouse. Too sleepy to intervene, I ignored it, only to hear skittering and chasing noises a moment later. Oh no! Isn't it dead yet? It's running around my room?? Eek! I was afraid the creature would crawl up into my bed, and I didn't want any risk of touching it.. so I stayed in bed, afraid to sleep, and telling the cat to kill it and get it over with! Yeesh!

Eventually I heard crunching noises and decided that I can deal with the mess when I woke up. Strangely, didn't find any remnants or blood anywhere in the room... Maybe he ate it on the roof? Darn. I need to really check the whole area now. He couldn't have possibly eaten EVERYTHING, could he?

No comments: