Sunday, May 11, 2008

Domestic Bliss

Woke up this morning relieved that my house chores had all been done. Well, all the major ones anyway. Of course couldn't enlist sister's help without a fight. But, yeah. It's all done. I actually scrubbed the kitchen floor. Had spent weeks mulling over the messy house. Cleaned out the store and got rid of all the bloody old videos. Moved the old albums out front. Moved fridge into store and put new 2nd hand fridge in kitchen. Except that used fridge will not work until I get the repairman in. I have a feeling that I made a bad decision by letting people push me around instead of saying no to a faulty fridge, even though it's virtually free. Floors are all mopped and clean. Have to do this more often. People mop floors every DAY, for heaven's sake. Except that I live in a bloody big old house and every time I get halfway through the chores I start thinking that it's not fair that I have to do all the bloody work because the other one never seems to notice anything that needs to be done, or able to do it properly, if at all.

Managed to move books back into shelf, dusted albums and arranged in cupboard. Did a bit of reading and cleaned up my garden real good. Grass still needs to be cut, but I guess that can wait. Will now have to catch up with my emails and plans and work, update website and do a pile of marketing. Have not heard from a potential about that big job, but I do hope I get it. Am unfortunately flat out broke because people seem to think freelancers live on air and water and have no overheads to take care of. Hello!! So not true!! At least house is clean. It clears up my mind immensely. Will have to actively chase for payment this week. I feel like I'm choking out here. There's so much that needs to be done, but I can't do it because there's no cash. What the F*** are they thinking? Push me to get work done in record time and then conveniently take their own sweet time over payment. This is so not fair. God. I need to settle some heavy duty things and I'm afraid of running out of time...Damn those people. I want my money. NOW!

No comments: