Friday, March 21, 2008

3 Invoices in a Day?

Oh wow! I'm chuffed. Of course it doesn't happen every day, and the money won't come in immediately. But it's tons more fun than waiting for the 25th to get yr monthly paycheck... I'm beginning to understand why a lot of bosses seem to have endless piles of energy. The thought of getting a new project to earn that bit more money is actually very stimulating. You don't mind working weekends and rushing to squeeze in just a little more work!

Plus, some people you work with are kind of cute and many of them are really nice people. Makes you less racist too, if you work with all kinds of people. Believe it or not, it can make you a better person, because you understand that all rezeki datang dari Allah, so mind yr Ps and Qs if you don't want to learn a lesson the hard way...


Did the re-shoot for an article last night. I needed to write on recipes for certain kinds of fish found in the Langat river. 11 types, to be exact. I had actually arranged for someone to cook the dishes and shoot the required photos earlier. Unfortunately, the photos were rejected due to insufficient technical detail. I personally liked the shots but then, clients's always right, I guess. So I had to find someone to cook again, and find another photographer. Now I regret not trying harder to get Stephen from the beginning 'coz I was intimidated by his gruff demeanor. Luckily, after asking around, K Ina agreed to cook the dishes all over again and Stephen agreed to do the shoot. Alhamdulillah.. Bless these lovely people. You know that it's no mean feat to cook 11 dishes at one time. Tabik spring kat K Ina... The chef I asked pun tak sanggup nak buat. Especially because some of the fish are really hard to find. We had to substitute one or 2 with lookalikes in the end.

I was quite worried, actually, about the photos. I had Stephen do the shoot twice, because I was a bit unsure about the patterned tablecloth background. But the plain red one was quite overpowering. Thankfully, both text and photos were accepted without much comment. Alhamdulillah. I was so glad when Simon said it was all OK, and that I can submit the invoice. Yeay!

2 down, another 2 to go. :) Never mind. Tomorrow I can have fun at the Tekad Barbie. Yahoo!

No comments: