Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Post holiday break?

I now understand the need for a post-holiday holiday. As it turned out, the excellent holiday in Bangkok was exhausting, due to all the travelling, walking, shopping, trekking and not to mention waking up at 4 am (slept at 1.30 a.m.) for the flight home. Plus, there are clothes to wash, and the house to set out straight. There are bills which should not be due yet and warning letters for things which have already been paid. My payments were cleared days later due to the weekend, and had not made it to their system in time, it seems. I had to search through my messy tray to figure out what has been paid and not. Sheesh. What a mess!!

The kittens had made a mess of the house while I was away, and unfortunately, housemate has different priorities when it comes to house maintenance. While her paranoia is about security; mine is germs. The house is contaminated, in my view, which means I dare not even lepak on my sofas at the moment although I have vacummed them 'clean'. Urgh. Vacuuming and mopping seems inadequate and after days of visiting various shops, I have still yet to find Lysol to disinfect with. The kittens have finally learnt to use their litter box, but I still get whiffs of stink now and then. Will have to make time to shampoo the carpets, AND the cats, except that I'm due in PD this weekend and the next for MNS activities. Shit. With voluntary responsibilities (not quite so voluntary anymore, it seems) on top of working 6 day weeks when even government servants are working five, I'm exhausted, more mentally than physically, perhaps.

Well, am physically tired too, I guess. Am getting more exercise than I'm used to, cycling is hard work! But it feels good, so guess I'll continue doing it. It takes less time to grab the bike and start off than driving to the pool, get changed, do 10 laps, get changed again and drive home.

Met up with Sali this afternoon after work. Wanted to share photos but laptop battery was dead. Wanted to cycle a bit but it rained. Crawled upstairs and just conked out. Opened my eyes at ten when sis came home. I had missed Ilham. Darn. I was looking forward to meeting Aizan and the girls tonight! Woke up again at 3.00 a.m. and have been up since. Shoot. This is so going to screw up my internal clock even more...

No comments: