Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Year in Review



It has come to the final day of 2005. And I must say that overall, this has been a wonderful year for me. It has been a year of discovery, joy and laughter. And I hope 2006 will be all the better. Insya-Allah.

Family
I have come to appreciate my family more, and make time to be with them despite my busy life. Really love my nieces and get along better with my bro and sis now. Can afford to spoil Abah a little more, and starting to get much closer to my relatives in KL and Singapore. At some point, you stop being someone's little girl and start to emerge as an individual. I find myself wishing I could share this wonderful family with someone... Honestly, I do.

Home
Owning a home means you don't pay rent, but maintenance is a headache sometimes. There are legal stuff that needs to be taken care of, as well as problems that need to be fixed. Unfortunately, that means money, and I'm the landlord... Used to want an apartment, but have become attached to my house now, leaky roof and all. It's a little too big for 2 people, am trying to rent out 3rd bedroom. Would be a great place for kids, if only I had some. Trying not to dwell on that too much though. My pets can be enough of a handful, at times. Had to lose Jack, but Pseudo is a wonderful substitute. Hope to share the house with a significant other, if anyone is willing to suffer the ancient abode, that is!

Love & Life
OK, I didn't score very high on the love bit, but life was extremely satisfying.

Being in Tekad Selangor was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. The Tekadmons are a wonderful bunch, especially the D3katians, Ilham team, UTP Roadshow gang, beach cleanup team and Teratak team who have been a constant source of joy and inspiration. And we welcome Noreen to the fold, as well as many others. You know who you are, and thank you for enriching my life. (I dare not list everyone out, I might just miss a few names and spoil the joy.)

I have grown closer to a few of my old friends - namely Chris, Loretta, Nisha, Yumiko & Santiago. And also to a few MNS branch & bird group committee members. I have rather drifted away from my WWF pals, but closer to a few canoe team members. Esp P, who has been sweet enough to accompany me every so often. Thanks for being such a sport, dear. You're good company :-)

Work
It was great when Teck Wyn offered me a contract in December, after freelancing for almost half a year. RESCU was something like a holiday - it's called the "Seven Day Weekend". The concept of letting people work wherever and whenever they did best is practiced in Semco, I really enjoyed the freedom. Unfortunately, contract was ending in January, but miraculously got a job offer by mid- November, so I negotiated for early release. Have to work fast in the current economic situation, can't afford to be jobless now!! CETDEM is boot camp in comparison; I had to re-learn about discipline. No joke, I even dreamt of being in boot camp last night!! But all in all, boss has heart in the right place, and it fits into my plans, so won't complain overly much. Am still associated with RESCU, and any jobs I do would mean extra $$, which is sorely needed since I am an independent adult with bills to pay.

Hopes for the New Year
I'm looking forward to a successful year at work, hope I manage to fulfil my obligations to the organisation; the environmental world is too small to screw up in... Hope to pay off most of my pressing loans and make enough money on the side to pay for a few luxuries.

I hope the MNS dinner I'm organising would be a success, and I leave a good impression behind when I resign mid year. Hoping that people would be more environmentally conscious, reduce waste and leave the world a better place for our children.

Hoping to have more fun with the Tekad gang, and Tekad Pahang goes on as planned. Wishing good things to the TKK boys and the TKK team. Ditto to the Ilham boys and team.

Last but not least, i hope each and every one of us finds what we are looking for, be it love, wealth or success.

Happy New Year, everyone!!

No comments: