Friday, December 23, 2005

Below The Surface

I’m not normally a clock watcher, but today seems to be interminably LONG!!! Urgh. Everything annoys me, boss is also grumpy... I seem to be surrounded by prickly, domineering men at work, and I have no choice but to play nice with them. Shoot. Imagine me, playing the docile female, saying things in a saccharine sweet voice when I really feel like strangling the guys for being so prickly over nothing.

Boss seems to think that no one deserves to have a life during office hours. It’s ridiculous the way I have to run outside to discreetly pick up a call. Even the few meagre important calls that I accept during office hours are commented as “being on the phone a lot”. It’s not as if I chat with my (yet non-existent) boyfriend for hours on end, totally ignoring my work. Ergh... Trust people a little la. To cope, I have learnt to say “Yes,Sir.” in a meek voice while mentally rolling my eyes and singing “Lalala….” Sabaaaaarrrr ajelah… :-p

But then, he is a genuinely nice guy really, underneath the gruff demeanor. Don't expect charm from this old man. What you see is what you get :-D Since I DO like the job, and in order to keep it, I have to berlakon a bit la. Am trying hard to get along with project partner, even if sometimes I feel like ayam trying to carry on a conversation with itik. Find that treating him like Mr Big helps smooth things along.

Eeps, imagine if my "Sweet and Gentle" act becomes permanent... Would it help me snag a guy? Maybe I should consider changing before its too late...

No comments: