Thursday, December 22, 2005

Miracles DO Happen...

Small problems are sometimes the most annoying.

The hose in my loo was dripping continuously. No amount of plumbing tape could stem the flow. A small bucket was soon filled to the brim. Closer inspection found that the connection to the spray head had cracked. Great. It's not so much the amount of water which was wasted, the price of the precious commodity is negligible. But the constant flow was causing my tiles to yellow at an alarming rate. It's hard enough to keep the house presentable without these things causing further damage...

Spent time after lunch browsing the hardware store nearby to find a solution. Unfortunately, connections are not sold separately. I would need to buy whole sets to replace the faulty one. Trying to stay in control of my expenses, settled for a pack of washers as a stopgap measure until I could buy the new hose.

Back home, I tried adding a washer to the existing one. Surprise, surprise... the dripping completely stopped! I was so relieved. I didn't need to spend much money after all. A 33.33 cents washer fixed the problem. Hurray!!

So... wonder if there are any miracle solutions to MY problems... Sigh. If only there were... :-)

No comments: