Thursday, December 08, 2005

Frust…

I know it’s just one of those days, but it’s so ANNOYING!!! As if PMS and a long day at work and meetings wasn’t bad enough, I tried to pay my car loan and ended up with more trouble.

Got some cash out from Maybank to pay up my bills; then went next door to pay at Ambank. For some reason, the CDM there refused to process my account, so I had to put the money back into my current account so that I can write a cheque for the amount. That was leceh enough, take the money out, then less than 30 minutes later, put it back in. As I was going thru the usual drill, suddenly the machine jams, spews up my card and shuts down. I was halfway through, there was no receipt and my precious RM700 was stuck in the CDM slot. Wonderful… Tried calling customer service and got endless recordings. Went off and got stuck in Uptown traffic pulak. Those blasted illegal hawkers are such a mega pain in the ass.

Got home and continued calling on the house phone. It took me almost two hours to get hold of a human customer service officer. By this time I had already decided the bank was a big fat bloody liar. I tried almost all the options offered and all I got was more and more recordings. “Our customer service officers are busy” my foot! They barely had ANY on duty. Not even for the lost ATM card option. Horrible! Even SBB has better customer service than this bloated ass of a bank. And the guy I spoke to tried to “assure” me my money was safe and all I had to do was call them in the morning. Hah! YOU try sleeping without making a report about the incident. I had to insist on him noting down my account number. I’m hardly a pessimist, but isn’t it normal to attempt some kind of crisis management before calling it a night?

All in all, I wasn’t so upset about the machine’s “mechanical failure” as to the bank’s failure to provide adequate customer service. Their CDMs fail on a regular basis, yet emergency services are almost non-existent. And I find their customer service to be ABYSMAL. Unhelpful and patronizing. Honestly, I like their Internet banking and most services, but their staff and CRM sucks big time.

Dammit. My money had better be in my account by morning…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear,

That's what happen when people dont take their work seriously and in a big organization like 'that', its almost as good as dealing with the government previously.

I love their Internet banking too. Btw, did your money stay intact in the morning?

Err, whats with this Friday night thingy? Anything I should know about? Catch u later, Dear...