Monday, October 03, 2005

Tired larr…

Had been having an easy time at work until recently. After the conference in “Land of Demented Drivers”, tried to catch up with work on the remaining 2 days.

Saturday morning went to check out the MDC Water Sports Festival. P was nowhere to be found when I arrived. The DJ/MC sounded exactly like P, even though he looked different from afar. Assumed he was pulling my leg and was deejaying instead of rowing. Since phone had suddenly gone bonkers, I couldn’t call him and decided to just lepak at the jetty. The races were pretty good, a lot of events and well orchestrated. Cheered for whichever team I fancied, chatted with some of the other spectators, basically just enjoying the time out. Went over to the MC station before I left only to find that the MC was some Indian fella. Eh…?? Stared long and hard; just in case he was wearing a disguise or something. In the end concluded that it was NOT him and went off. But the vocal similarity was really freaky!

Spent the rest of the weekend in Kuala Selangor for an MNS event. The turnout wasn’t so great, so it was a bit of a waste. But we had a good seafood dinner and it was good meeting up the other volunteers. Got home Sunday afternoon, took a nap, and then went on a shopping spree for birthday prezzies for the whole family… had put it off since Abah’s birthday in May!

Had to give Zaki’s housewarming a miss – pity, heard it was a blast!

Got to Abang’s by seven, ate, gave out the goodies and played with my 2 nieces before I went off at nine. Should spend more time with family la… Anis and Aina are so clever, and the little one’s already two… how time flies. Got home and had to sort out more stuff before I conked out.

And today, a new week stretches ahead… My task list has ballooned during the weekly update meeting and there’ll be more MNS meetings this week. Sigh. I really have to catch up with my work, I’m so far behind it’s scary.

There’s loads of housework to be done as well. Always tried to share the burden but somehow end up doing everything myself. Dirt, grime and messiness always drive me nuts and unfortunately someone is taking advantage of my impatience. Ignore it long enough and I’ll be cleaning it in the middle of the night after a long day at work and stuff. Not fair, and I hate it, but I need the house to be clean and I can’t kick out the other person for being oblivious to the basics of good housekeeping. Do I sound angry? Yes, I’m angry. I’m tired of taking care of things while the other person comes home and relaxes. I feel like the maid sometimes. I know I have more fun and good friends; I love my life, I love the house, but being the maid sucks!

So this week is catching up with work week. Hope to get everything straightened out during this puasa month. To all Muslims, Selamat Menyambut Ramadhan al-Mubarak. May Allah bless us all :-)

No comments: