Thursday, October 13, 2005

Self-Discipline

Do you guys have this problem trying to keep your mind from straying? Sometimes I think I have the worst discipline in the world. I can easily handle unwelcome chatters, but I have trouble keeping my own nose to the grindstone!! I’m constantly looking for ways to distract myself from the task at hand. And I have to constantly stop myself from succumbing to these urges…

I’d be working when I’d get this itch to play Bejeweled 2. So I block Yahoo! Games from my browser. Next, I’d be going on Tradewinds 2 for no apparent reason. So I uninstall that from the computer. Trust me, next, out of desperation I’d be clicking on Minesweeper, or FreeCell or Pinball. Disgusting habit. If those (thankfully) don’t catch my fancy, I’d go bloghopping or start writing… (see, I'm doing it right now)

And of course, there is always the all time favourite – daydreaming!! I have sooooo many things to mentally plan in my head – like what to write about topic A, B, C or D; how to rearrange the furniture, what colour to paint the grille, who I can bribe into helping with stuff, list goes on and on…

Aiyoo!! Like this ah, I’d better become a famous writer la. So at least lepaking somewhere people watching can be termed “doing research”. And I can write all the merapu meraban ideas I have all day long. Wow! Bestnyer… Except if my publisher starts bugging me for the new manuscript la…

Poof! Daydream over… Oi! Get back to work la… He he he…

1 comment:

Taichee~@! said...

hey Dearie,

Hard work and no play makes Jill a dull gal..

but err...have you ever try shopping? thee hee hee