Monday, May 30, 2005

Woman Lost in Fantasy World

I know I shouldn't have started playing that (exceedingly addictive) game... In a nutshell, that's how I lost 2 days of my life... Once I entered that fantasy realm, all reality faded away... wow, maybe that's how a drug user gets hooked... For the last 2 days, I was barely in contact with the real world, except when I switched my computer off. So now I have an inkling of my sister's addiction to her idiot box.

Now, I'm usually running around, juggling work, friends and house maintenance. For the last 2 days, hardly anything got done. When I emerged into reality and see all the things that should have been taken care of during the weekend, I know that I have made a grave mistake. Normally, I'm the pushover who goes crazy if the house is not in good condition. After all, this is where I relax, read, work and blog... It must be kept clean and welcoming, especially when I invite friends over. When I was in la-la land, the poor house was sadly neglected. My sis is oblivious to things I think should be done like cleaning floors and organizing the cabinets...

I think one possible solution is to barter with my sis to wash and wax my car, since she loves doing that; while to me, as long as the engine and other mechanical systems are in good condition, some dust on the paint can wait. Washing and waxing the car is perpetually at the bottom of my list and never gets done because MY priority is the house

Today, my Checklist is overflowing and "Tasks list" in Outlook is painfully red. Blast it, I'll have to work extra hard to get everything back on track now. Sigh... shut up and get on with it, girl... Serves you right to play when there is work to be done!

No comments: