Monday, May 23, 2005

The weekend that was...

Yeah, yeah... time flies... but not all for naught, fortunately.

Last night was at Royale Bintang visiting with the Singapore clan who are here for a mega shopping spree. Some other KL folks came over too, so it was quite the family gathering. They're leaving today, but have got things to do, so can't send them off like I usually do.

In the afternoon was Nain & Fiza's engagement. It was very nice. Fiza's really creative and she had everything done in flowers and stuff. The rings were really, really sweet. She looked lovely in blue, as was Nain in his baju Teluk Belanga worn Johor style. (Shoot, if I get any more maudlin' I'd better get a job in Johor lah.)Just Sheema and Eugene were there, the rest of the gang were off somewhere else. Well, Sheema's his cousin so she HAD to be there anyway. But Eugene? Hmm... the plot thickens. I went late, just to keep my promise to come, 'coz I was pretty tired from the previous night's party. Sat there eating soto and chatted for a bit before going off to meet the clan.

Did you say party? Yup... Saturday night, Agnes' birthday party in Enau Court, Ampang. My first full fledged non-close friend's do. It was pretty.... shall I say interesting? Well, those guys come to Malaya in the 1800s and wrote books those guys still read until now. So why not infiltrate their quarters and report on their way of life? Found that Cyril is into board games and he has tons of cool stuff like Casablanca, Lord of the Rings, Elfland and many many more. Most of them were in German and French, so I couldn't really understand how they were played, but they really looked awesome. Managed to solve a pretty tricky Vietnamese(?) puzzle while people were dancing. Cool puzzle, still thinking about it now, 2 days later :-) Maybe I should start collecting puzzles, I really love them. No wonder I liked the Da Vinci code... Am still deciding whether to do a full report since some things could be pretty risque, not to mention some shocking behaviour by locals...

Anyway, it was good to get out of the house since instead of working on a project draft, I was going into fantasy realms (read: playing Tradewinds on the computer) the whole day long. Sigh. So today has been declared a working day for me, so that I can get things sorted out before going to the office tomorrow. Had bought my groceries at the mobile van, so can cut out "buy groceries" from my list. Ugh. Better get going. Ciao, mates!

No comments: