Monday, May 09, 2005

THE NOT NICE BLOG

What can be more annoying than to “update” your OS, and then find that instead of making things better, it totally screws up things that had been working fine before??? What else could I be referring to other than updating my Windows…? Against my better judgement, I allowed the PC to install my updates, and then find that it totally blocks my office internet connection so that I’m connected to the server;

[You are now connected to RESCU.
Connection strength: Excellent]


but am not able to access the internet. So I waste all my time fiddling with my antivirus settings, this and that settings, trying to get back to what was normal not too long ago. At least I can still send & receive emails thru my good ol’ dialup, but then what’s the point of crawling on the dialup when you are connected to a 1Mb broadband? And work requires quite a bit of online work, takkanla I nak pakai my personal dialup?? Grrr…

Whoever created these “updates” and firewalls and viruses and trojans and worms should be shot!! It totally spoils my day despite my excellent weekend in Rantau Abang. :-p

2 comments:

Elle said...

Oza babe,

I know exactly what you mean. Sometime that erks me out too! Sabar je lah :)

Anyways, nice article of rantau abang trip :D

Paus Biru said...

Thanks, Loly. Anyway, it sorted itself out the next day. Don't ask me how :p