Saturday, May 21, 2005

Disappointed

I had counted on being a little richer this month, having worked on something that should pay me a comfortable little extra. Guess there's something to be said about counting your chickens before they hatch, 'coz this time, I was really, really disappointed. I was planning to spend the extra on gifts - my boss' wedding, friends' birthdays, Dad's birthday dinner... Unfortunately, the 3rd party client apparently rejected the job, and my contact didn't even have the balls to tell me that. His phone is off all the time, and I only found out from calling his office. I suspect the client might be trying to shave a few hundred ringgit of his cost. I sent softcopy of the work, for all I know he might be using it for reference. FOC!! I can't get an explanation, there is no proof, and it's so much trouble to get a reviewer... Even then I might not get the payment. I hope I get at least half of what it was worth. Shoot. Lesson learnt - never do anything on trust and never do a rush job without a foolproof contract. Sabo jelah, Oza... Shit happens...

No comments: