Friday, April 22, 2005

Too Much of a Good Thing? Maybe, maybe not...

I have always maintained that if the guys I had known all these years had taken better care of me, I wouldn't be as ugly and tough as a rhino's hide today. For the sake of survival, I have always done whatever is necessary myself. Well, to be fair, SOME of the guys did take good care of me, like my "abang2" of my landscape studio in my final year (Hort degree) who sweetly made me coffee and stole rambutans for me . :D

Anyway, something quite out of the ordinary happened today - someone tried to "take care" of me! Okay, okay... boring stuff to you sweet, beautiful girls; but not for me, kay?

I had gone to TESCO Mutiara Damansara to get my groceries and found that the car park was jammed full. I was driving around, trying to find a recently vacated spot when I saw this family moving towards their vehicle. The guy signs that I can have his space. So I waited patiently for him to stash their groceries and stroller in the Honda. Yes, stroller, the one that carried the baby, believed to belong to guy in question. (Darn, all the nice ones are taken!!)

In the meantime, a second spot opens, just a few lots away. An old uncle wants to reverse in and motions for me to go forward. I point to the spot I'm waiting for and he nods. Honda Guy comes out and actually tells uncle the spot belongs to me. Oh, how the very malufying! I go a little forward, intending to reverse in. Honda Guy exits, a Matrix steals my spot!! Oi... hello!!! I stride over to cute Chinese guy driving Matrix and point out that I had been waiting 5 minutes for that spot. Matrix Guy nicely agrees to vacate. I go back to my car, to find that another spot had opened up and nice guy had actually 'booked' it for me. As the traffic was starting to jam up behind us, I decided it would be easier to take up the new spot instead of reversing into the other. As I entered the new space, Matrix exits and another car takes up the space. Ooops... Sorry!! Matrix guy gives me a dirty look as he drove by.

Felt a little bad for Matrix guy, but hey,
1) He stole my spot. That's a big no no
2) He chose the wrong victim; some other girls would have let him get away with it. (Maintain that I was VERY nice when I pointed out the fact that he had stolen my spot. So there!)

Can't help feeling a bit strange about the whole business, I usually handle things myself. But then, hey, it sure is nice to be taken care of once in a while. ;D

No comments: