Monday, April 04, 2005

Book & Movie Marathons

Hi!! Sorry have not updated lately, have had not much idea of what to say. Been busy with mundane things like work, picking up clothes from tailor, cleaning house, yada yada yada. Who wants to know about that kind of stuff?? Some nice things did happen, like lepaking at Mosin's after IEP, meeting up an old friend for lunch on Saturday and getting free food at Marche last night. Nothing cataclysmic...

Had spent the past few days reading, watching old movies and old TV serials. Finished a book I picked up at KL Success Shop on Thursday - "Chocolate for a Woman's Soul" - easy reading, uplifting; won't say it's extremely good, but Ok la.
Am in the middle of "Eat That Frog" by Brian Tracy - supposed to be very good to cure procrastination.
Also got "Today Matters" by John C. Maxwell - he's an excellent motivational speaker, very interesting and to the point. No pretentious bullshit, just plain facts in your face. The kind of stuff I like.

Stayed up on Saturday night watching some old movies I never had the chance to watch - The Full Monty, Without a Paddle and Stepford Wives. Don't be surprised, I just watched Finding Nemo a few weeks ago! All these were borrowed from a friend's house. Also borrowed "Sex & The City" DVDs, since I didn't have the chance to watch them when they were on air. Just trying to catch up with the 1st and 2nd season, but was very disappointed to find that Disc 3 Season 2 contained the 1st 6 episodes. Sigh... Should go and buy my own collection...

Something interesting though. A friend handed down the Sex & The City book to me last year and I absolutely hated it. The other book by Candace Bushnell, 4 Blondes was just as disgusting. The men were all d***heads and the women were sl**s (pardonnez ma Francais). In the book, Carrie smoked pot and drank until she threw up. It was very off-putting. I couldn't help checking out the book again, because I loved the show. In the show, Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda & Samantha were actually lovable, normal people; cool, mature, independent women looking for their soulmates. Ok la, Sam is a bit on the easy side, but hey, I'm not the moral police. I thought Big was adorable and Skipper Johnson sweet. It was NOT like that in the book. The book was heavily laced with bitter sarcasm and filled with some really sickening people. Am glad the series wasn't such. Kudos to the writers! Well, maybe I shouldn't speak too soon, have not seen the rest of the series. May turn out to be really bad in the end. But so far, so good la.

Well, gotta get off now, have to earn my salary. Ciao!! @};-

No comments: