Saturday, December 01, 2018

Control measures

Diabetes is an expensive disease.

I used to be ok with buying my own medicine because it costed under RM100 per month. But now that I'm on insulin, the cost is much, much higher and I've resorted to going to the government clinic for my medication.

Following the spate of viral posts about people taking insulin which is not used and improperly stored, I was glad to see this instruction on my box label. At least people who do not make use of their free medicine won't get more until they learn to be more responsible.

And before anyone starts making a fuss about me using up taxpayers' money, please note that I paid taxes for many years too.

I'm glad that KKM is taking steps to manage wastage, and I'm glad that our public health system is there to help us with limited resources. Honestly, I wouldn't mind paying more than RM1 for the care that I get. RM1 is seriously too little to cover any costs.

Let's see what KKM's fee structure review says when it's revealed.

No comments: