Thursday, November 29, 2018

Annoying errors

I'm back at KKM Kota Damansara for my checkup and feeling quite unhappy with how the day is progressing. I woke up late and arrived at 9 a.m. My appt is at 10.00. I figured that it's better to be early than late.

Wondering why the person in charge had put my card aside, I asked the her if I was supposed to be fasting. I didn't want to ask directly why I was put on hold since she might take offence. Then she pointed out that I had not written my name on the appt card. Duh!! It was covered by the list of readings I was supposed to get during screening, so I didn't notice the empty form underneath.

After taking my blood sugar reading, again with the lancet pushing in so deep that it left a bruise, I went to eat. I had a laksam, a bergedel and a small piece of fish, plus ice water. Guess how much i was charged? Rm11.30. Stupid tiny piece of fish was charged rm6. When I protested, I was advised to check before eating. Well, no one came to write the bill and I had trouble even to order plain water. The staff kept people who wanted to pay waiting too. Kedai sebelah KMM - you are now on my boycott list.

Afterwards went back upstairs to wait for my turn and realised that I had forgotten to bring the reference letter from Dr Siti and all my records. Because I was too busy watching Oshin to prepare my stuff yesterday.

When my number went past, i was of course annoyed. Until i realised that i had not passed my reference sheets to the counter attendants. Another sigh... I'm not used to all this streaming and procedures.

They the attendant asked when I had my blood test done. Lucky it was in my calendar. Shouldn't they have all that shit already computerised by now??

It's past 11.30 and I'm still waiting for my turn. It's going to be another hassle explaining why i didn't have the reference letter with me. I thought I didn't have time to go get my documents. Turns out I could have gone home and back if I wanted to.

I already took yesterday off, it would be a challenge to catch up with collection this afternoon :(

No comments: