Sunday, December 30, 2018

Commitment

I'm a bit worried, but it's a done deal... I got myself a new CPU to work on. Cost me RM1122 with 1TB hard drive and keyboard + mouse. Not exactly cheap, but I couldn't get a similar powered laptop any cheaper. This is like half the price...

It looks a bit funny, with fancy casing and all, but as long as it works fast, it will serve its purpose.

Why now? Because both Abah's laptop and my little tab are damnably slow. I do have the option of selling the tab, but it will probably be handy to carry around. Kak Ayu is always so anxious when I borrow the laptop. Takkan la I nak buang. As it is, I've spent so much money updating it!

I don't know why I'm going nuts like this... maybe because I've gotten nowhere with my writing and translation, or photo projects. AND I'm starting to not enjoy Grab driving. It felt so easy and natural in the beginning but now it feels more and more like a chore. Especially when I think about the damage done to the car...

It would probably be better to drive Grab on the side, 2-3 days a week instead of relying on it as the major income source. Being at the mercy of unknown passengers does get old after a while. I can't even plan for prayers, I don't know where I would be at any time. Even though it's a cash business, I can only put aside rm150 per day. Plus i spend too much on food when i drive around...

Oh well, let's see how it goes. Fingers crossed. Bismillahirrahmaanirrahiim...

No comments: