Monday, October 23, 2017

Saying Goodbye

Today I sadly deleted all my computer games except for the Jigsaw Puzzle and White Lady. They have been fun and also helped me think and strategize; but I tend to get carried away and spend DAYS lost in virtual reality. Time better used for working, reading or honing up my other skills. It wasn't an easy decision, but I really need to spend my time more wisely from now on...

On Saturday I got pretty mad at myself as well as my sister. Chalk it down to being "HANGRY". I was supposed to get up early and hit the gym before sending the car for a wash. I could then sort out laundry and other house chores in the afternoon. Sunday was supposed to be for catching up with work.

Instead I lolled in bed before getting up to make breakfast. On the way to sort out my messy piles of documents, I unloaded my laptop bag and started playing "Crimson Hollow". BAD MISTAKE. I played until I solved the game, then fooled around with the extras. Then I played this and that until evening. I didn't pray the whole day and even missed arwah Mak Ngah's tahlil in Kampung Pandan.

It was late before I dragged myself to the kitchen to look for food. Kak Ayu said she was going to roast the chicken I had bought the night before, but I found it stuffed back into the fridge. I didn't have anything to eat since breakfast and I was really disappointed that I couldn't even get ONE meal prepared for me. After all, I spent time and money buying food enough for the both of us; can't you even COOK the damned food so that I could eat???? I was so mad that I kicked the crisper that was sticking out and broke the front. Ugh.

I roasted the chicken thighs and ate it all up myself. Then I made chicken soup and shared bits with the cats. The rice i cooked the night before had spoilt so i had to throw away quite a lot. So was the hummus I brought back from office. It was already borderline and 2 hours on the counter totally screwed it. At this point I was in danger of smashing her head in with a frying pan or sticking a knife in her. Nasib baik dia dah blah pergi "kerja". Hrmph. Kerja. Dapat duit, simpan and joli aja. Nothing to contribute to me.

Fucking sister did not wash the pots and plates in the sink, maybe she's afraid of doing actual work. So I eventually cleared the dry dishes and took care of the dirty ones. There weren't that many, actually; they were just piled haphazardly. That really scares the bejesus out of the fucking stupid scaredycat. AND she took down the clean recycleables instead of the garbage that was starting to stink and a go maggoty. Talk about priorities!!

Somehow forced myself to wash a batch of clothes and mopped the house. Also bit the bullet and put anti-flea stuff on all four cats myself. They seem to appreciate it, all somehow hung out in my room last night. Took the iron and finally ironed my khakis so that I can wear them to work. Also ironed the quilt cover - on the bed because it was too big for my ironing board.

Sunday, miraculously woke up earlier and could bring myself to the gym. Halfheartedly skipped rope and 'cycled' for half and hour while watching Despicable Me on mute. I was on Level 1 and burned all of 92 calories, I kid you not. Call it reintroduction... I'm totally out of shape :P

Stopped by Jaya Grocer for a few things and ended up with a large pile of stuff. Hrmphh.. biasa la kan... Got the car washed before I got home. It was really dirty from all the hands that touched it in Frasers Hill the other day. I also found half eaten slices of chinese pear on my windshield after gym; not sure if it was from the gym or the apartment. Some people seem to hate my car. I've found scratches, drops of iodine and other rubbish on it, especially if I'm not around for a while. It baffles me WHY they such a problem with my transport.

Had lunch at the mamak and inspired by my cronies, bought eggplants and stuff from the nearby grocer to make sambal belacan later. Haha... I was already feeling better since SOME things have been taken care of.

Came home and someone reti pulak masak nasi and sayur. No protein though. Seriously, is it SO HARD to cook 2 dishes instead of just one stupid fried veg? The crisper had been haphazardly taped with masking tape. Right. Can't you even do a proper job fixing that? I would have used electrical tape, but of course she had no clue there was some in the house, right? All she knows is what TV show is on and what they're all about. Aku pecahkan TV tu karang...

Under the crisper and below the fridge door was some disgusting stuff which was never cleaned. I would have cleaned them up if I found them while taking care of the crisper. But I had no time then, will have to do it another time.

I cut off the legs from my old Gap jeans so that I would not take them out again. (They were patched in the middle and had a rip above the knees. Fabric dah reput :P).  I cut off the sleeves from the Cotton On shirt which never suited me anyway. Together, they were very comfortable to wear at home. After Asar I ironed a pile of things. Actually the steam iron really helps, I should take care of ironing more often. Found a pile of tudungs and stuff in
my neglected ironing basket.

Sometime in between, I prepared the kobis and made a new batch of kimchi. Sauce was leftovers from the previous batch actually. Put in cencaluk but since I tak suka the smell, I don't think I will use them for future batches la. Since I love fresh kimchi, had that with rice plus leftover chicken soup. Alhamdulillah... kenyang!

After watching some TV, I conked out early and woke up around 4 for isyak, then tidur and missed subuh. Adoiiiiiii!!

Monday already :( Ok. Nak pergi lunch. Babai.

No comments: