Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Antsy

Sometimes I wonder what it is that bothers me to the point of unproductivity. I guess having a backlog could do the trick... Been really antsy the past week. Not feeling too good, plus frustration at not being able to complete stories despite having all the facts. Also not being able to visualise stories, think clearly and organise the flow. Sometimes I feel completely disassociated and unable to 'feel' what I'm trying to do... Sigh. Writer's block!

A major event went quite smoothly last night. Am happy it went well. Wish I had 'hotter' clothes though. I'm in the middle of beautiful people and have nice makeup yet my clothes were so plain. Actually wanted to buy something tapi takde budget... Kind of hard to juggle my limited income with so many 'extras' that make me look 'presentable'. Unfortunately, don't have anyone I can borrow from and so far other things have had to take precedence over evening wear.

Am happy that I actually took the weekend off to spend time with friends. Went up Fraser's with Pakcik on Sunday. Was happy to meet old friends and check out my favourite spots as well as hiking 2 of the easier trails for exercise. The peace and serenity was exactly what we needed. It was tiring, but there's nothing like old growth forests, the ringing of cicadas and a spot of birdwatching to rejuvenate our tired senses. We stopped at Sg Chilling on the way up. I managed to dip my feet in the water and relax while Graham took photos. There was a flock of beautiful Rajah Brooke birdwing (butterflies) near the campgrounds. I wondered anew at their beautiful red thorax which contrasted with their black wings and legs. On the drive home, we saw a pair of yellow-throated martens cross the road just ahead before disappearing into the undergrowth. That was amazing! How often do we come across wildlife in our lifetime in the urban jungle?

I hope to get back to being productive this week. There's so much to catch up with, there's always new things to do... Tired, but in a good way.

Cheers, peeps. Have a good week ahead.

No comments: