Saturday, October 18, 2008

On Being Thankful

Sometimes I feel like God holds back something that I really want because I don't really understand why I want it. Sometimes I wish for something so much, simply because everyone else has it. In a way, if I don't have it, I'd feel less than normal, and that would make me feel bad. And in the end, when I have it, I'd be more grateful... most of the time. It's either that or I realise it doesn't suit me after all :)

A lot of people take being loved for granted. Someone we met the other day was telling us not to get married, because she felt her husband was an unnecessary encumberment. I wonder if she would be so glib about it if she lived all her life pining for something no one was willing to give. Would she take her spouse for granted if he hadn't married her? The way we saw it, all he wanted was some respect.

He works hard all day, and sometimes he comes home early only to find that the wife is gone. Is it too much for him to expect to be notified if she was going out? I guess, if the wife is tired of "being the maid" and waiting for a husband who always comes home late, then he should take the trouble to keep her updated too. They don't even have kids, for God's sake. Why can't they go out and date sometimes? Sheesh.

3 comments:

Enche Bon said...

Dear,

The food on someone else's plate always seems tastier. Thats why we longer for something else, and forgets to be thankful for all the blessings we had.

have a good week ahead :)

Cheers

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Hello Blue Whale, I am back for a visit after a 2-year hiatus (almost) from your blog! You speak words of great truth and wisdom, as always.
Hope your life will always be filled with love and happiness.
Cheerio,
Ee Lynn.

Paus Biru said...

Welcome back, Ee Lynn. Thanks for the wish. Really need it right now :)

az