Monday, March 26, 2007

Changes

Have had to make many adjustments since I started my new job. But it's for a good cause, so I'm all right.

It's so true that if you want something bad enough, you'd do anything to get it. I leave for work much earlier these days and unless something went wrong, make it to the office early. One major factor is the knowledge that the later I am, the worse the jam will be. At least there is only one major bottleneck on my route, so as long as I leave by 8.30 a.m., I'll be OK.

There is also much more work comparatively, but I like it because there's lots of research & writing involved. I go out for meetings and meet actual humans. I'm not forced to leave halfway through at 5 p.m. and I have all the facilities I need. And air-conditioning makes sure I don't get overheated and fall asleep in the afternoons... It IS important to productivity... Such a refreshing change!!

But the jam going home also makes the journey home longer although the distance is only 7 km. That means I get home late, and my babies are often hungry by the time I get back. I'm also tired and for the first week ate out every day. But then eating out is expensive la, so I had to come up with some sort of strategy to enable me to eat in without putting too much effort in cooking. These days I pre-cook things that can be put together in a jiffy. Still experimenting, but so far, OK jugak la.

Starting early also makes me feel sleepy earlier, so no more time wasting games for me lately. Just come home, feed cats, solat, feed myself, clean whatever, watch TV and conk out. You would have noticed that I have less time to blog as well. Can't help it, I'm not home by 5.30 anymore! But if the house is especially dirty, I'm forced to suffer it until I get some free time to deal with it. That sucks la, but you learn to deal with it.

In any case, bosses are fair, but I know for sure I kena "tiaw" if I screw up. Keeps me on my toes... Ha ha. Oh well, better finish my work now. Cheers, everyone!

No comments: