Sunday, January 28, 2007

Relieved

It was a relief when I received a call on Thursday confirming their offer to me. But I won't feel really safe until I sign the papers tomorrow or get confirmed after 3 months!

2 weeks after the 'successful' interview, I still had not received my offer letter nor heard from them. Apprehensive, I called and was told that they just interviewed a few other candidates and that they "will get back to me soon". Excuse me, I thought you had already offered the post to me? I was upset. Scared. Nervous. Was I just hallucinating when I thought they had offered the job to me?

I had been so happy then that I had stopped fishing in other places. And of course, I had put it up on the blog. So to add insult to injury, "satu kampung dah tau" - so to speak. It will be quite malufying to admit that I didn't get that job after all.

But more importantly was the money issue. There are loans to service and bills to pay. Even if I managed to get another job or freelance jobs, my savings might not be able to cover the gaps in between payments. Borrowing will bring the added headache of paying back. In short - not good.

After the initial shock, I started fishing again. Some leads gave me hope, although they did not pan out immediately. However, I realised that I wanted that job because 1) it was something I had wanted to do, 2) will give me the kind of experience I need and 3) will provide me the training. The other jobs will not be as good.

So I did something drastic. I asked a friend to courier my CD of previous assignments back and emailed them samples of my reports. That same day they called and asked when I could start. Phew!! So now I have a job confirmed, insya-Allah, I can take care of other things pulak.

I hope things work out with this new post. Well, no one promised that life would be easy, right? You just do your best and pray things work out for the better. Wish me luck...

No comments: