Saturday, March 11, 2006

Tests

I suppose humans are the most difficult species to understand.

At times I feel cursed by loneliness. Yet I thank God that I am able to survive on my own. I am blessed with many friends, yet lament that I belong to none. I yearn that a friend be so much more, yet was not able to give more to one who did wish it of me.

If only life was so simple. If only I could be one who lives to please. If only I could put my feelings aside to get what I wished. Yet to be so would be to betray myself, there would be nothing but an empty victory. I can only choose to give and receive what I wish, even if the recipient seems undeserving.

I listen to hearts that were broken, I reach out to dry her tears. For men who have been so blessed have too often chosen to disregard his good fortune. Yet I still believe in the goodness of men.

We are all tested, in all our lives, in one way or another. We curse our misfortunes, yet we often forget our blessings until they have been taken away. We all have it, at one time or another - health, wealth, beauty, charm, riches, love...

Let us not forget what riches we have been blessed with. Should any be taken away, remember, all that we have has been at the will of a benevolent God, and he may take it back as a punishment or a test.

May our tests make us stronger, and may we be blessed for our patience... God bless us all.

No comments: