Monday, March 27, 2006

Honestly...

You're not required to be perfect, are you?

I mean, is it really your fault that the house is dirty when you're struggling to clean it all on your own? You're too tired to start arguing yet again, so Princess Lazybutt happily resumes all-important TV watching and storybook reading duties. I can't afford to hire maids all the time, and there is only so much I can do after work and in between other commitments...

You cook and culinary skills you thought were passable desert you. Some way to impress a guy, huh?

You sleep in on Sunday and the next day find a letter from a nasty neighbour hanging on the gate. Probably something about the cats. You tear it in half and throw it unread into the trash. What are the chances its a nice letter? Zero to none. If its important enough, she can tell it to my face. Honestly, I think she should just go get laid. Maybe that'll make her less crabby.

Sometimes I despair of ever being good enough for anyone. Yet those who can hardly boil water are snapped up in no time. If only I knew what I had to do...

No comments: