Friday, August 19, 2005

What to do when you’re sick…

Got some kind of bug yesterday, leaving me feeling queasy and bloated. This morning woke up feeling like I’ve been run over by a truck! As usual, my thought was – work at home. So I called in sick, but tried to work. Found that is was kind of difficult when you’re feverish and the only Panadol to be found in the house was some dodgy stuff I bought in Jakarta last December… Leaving home was out of the question. In the end decided to try out some home remedies that I’m familiar with.

1. Wear my hematite bracelet – in its own strange way, this stone bracelet helps you feel better. Don’t ask why.
2. Take 2 spoonfuls of Scott’s Emulsion (Orange) - I keep a bottle in the fridge specially for the times I’m feeling under the weather. Boosts immunity? Whateverlah.
3. Drink peppermint tea – for when plain water just won’t do.
4. Make ginger tea (air halia) – especially good to get rid of angin and warm you up. I kid you not.
5. Eat soupy stuff – in my case instant beehoon. Can la.
6. Last but not least – REST. Otherwise work slowly…

In any case, felt much better after doing the above. Figured I’d be hyper again by tomorrow. :-D

2 comments:

Taichee~@! said...

Dear Oza,

Datuk Fadzillah Kamsah taught us all that the simplest cure to illness simply by using Ibu Fatihah. Macam nih: letak ais dlm gelas, bubuh air. then rapatkan ke mulut, baca bismillahirohmanirrahim, niatkan dlam hati untuk sembuhkan penyakit kita, then hembus sekali ke air, repeat dari ayat pertama-akhir fatihah, cara bacaan dan hembusan ke air tersebut. pastuh, minum, paling kurang 8 gelas sehari. InsyaAllah...dgn izinnya, penyakit tuh hilang.

Paus Biru said...

ah... so des ka? Tq mz taichee~ will try it the next time i get sick :)