Thursday, August 11, 2005

Moving on With Life…

P had his 3rd convo yesterday. He says it’d be the last. Really, dear? Are you sure? :-p

Had to crawl in the six o’clock jam after work to catch him in his robes. As I dreaded, the place was chock full of people, and DTC is smack in the middle of the main road. Thankfully there was a designated parking lot nearby. Couldn’t get him on the phone, so I had to do the other thing I dreaded, eyeballing an ocean of people for one particular person. It’s like looking for a needle in a haystack. Good thing he’s tall and I knew what he’d be wearing, so I managed to spot him within a few minutes. He was obviously in demand, so I kept it relatively short. Snapped a photo, cadged a rose from his bouquet and took my leave.

Almost immediately, I found myself stuck on Jln Universiti. Darn, maybe I should have stuck around after all. But the crowd was driving me nuts! Ten years ago I would have laughed at the sight of a grad being tossed into the air. Now I worried he might be dropped and injure his back. Guess I changed. Comes with age, I think. I used to love convos. Bargains galore at the stalls, the happy faces, meeting graduated seniors again, … Now it’s just another event in a university. Been there, done that… twice. Enough la. But then, Chevening scholarships are up for grabs. Would love a chance to stay in the UK for a bit. Maybe there’s a short course that I’d care to attend… Hmm… we’ll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Oza! Suzainur here. Just wanna tell you there's an alternative route out of UM without hitting Jalan Universiti. From the DTC, keep left, turn left into 5th College and keep going up until you pass the Palapes place. Almost immediately after, there is a junction at an impossible angle halfway up the hill that leads to a gate that goes out to Jalan Damansara. However, it reverts back to pumpkinhood after 7 pm so be wary of your timing. Cheers, babe!

Paus Biru said...

thanks for the tip, babes. will try it next time :-)