Sunday, November 18, 2018

Home day

It's 10.30 and I'm still in bed, blogging. I did have breakfast though. Had to since I jabbed insulin. Thank God my numbers are better now.

I was up since 4.30 a.m. sorting out the Asus tablet. I'm a bit annoyed because I couldn't install Google Play store and Microsoft store is just stupid. The Asus Gift app was also an annoying piece of shit.

Got a bit confused because the damn thing was supposed to be an android tab, but it's behaving like a laptop/ PC. Sigh. I guess the machine is confused too...

Decided to buy the Asus instead of the iPad air because
1) It's more current
2) More hard disk space
3) Has a keyboard
4) Has USB port
5) Easier to integrate with my other devices.

I'm still uncomfortable with Apple devices...

So far, its not too bad. MS Office works fine without requiring 365 subscription. I started on the meeting report already. Will probably do the rest on PC. The mobile versions of Words and Excel are basically fine, but the PC versions are much more powerful. So, probably best to use tab for updating and PC for major formatting/ editing.

I managed to install Dropbox and Google Chrome, which are crucial to file integration. Wish I could get it to install Google Play, but no luck yet. Tried to install the Kindle Reader but cannot. There is an annoying ambiguity between what is considered a mobile app and PC thingy, unfortunately.

Tried to install some apps and widgets but failed. Then i realised i should just use those on my phone. No point having the same thing on both devices. I should use the tab for writing and editing, personal management stuff can be done on the phone.

Guess I'll need to figure out how the 3 devices should complement each other. It will all work out, in syaa Allah... ;)
😎

No comments: