Monday, April 02, 2018

Post Bird Race 2018

Went for Bird Race again this year, saja suka-suka ikut Mr Phang and my 'uncles' gang. The 3 of them, Mr Phang, Tan Dek and Dr Karim formed one team and I registered for the Bird Photography contest. I felt a bit awkward if I joined the team because I would force someone out of the trio. It was good also because this year Bird Racers weren't allowed to drive around!! Photographers can. Hehe...

No luck in winning anything, though. The uncles suspect that they had been placed in the "Advanced" category and my photos were pretty lousy... I was so kan cheong trying to download the photos that I forgot the good shots and submitted the not so good ones. Oh well... Can always use them for NTTL ;)

I realised too late that I forgot to bring the SD card reader and the one on the netbook didn't work.  Nasib baik Mr Lee found me one I could borrow. I really should get the card reader fixed, it went dead after Bernard changed the motherboard last year. Sigh. So maa fan!

It felt really weird going to office this morning.... I wish I could stay home and sort out my super messy room right now. And have a closer look at my photos, of course. Life turns upside down if I'm away too much :(

We stayed in Sri Berkat because the uncles wanted it. It was much more expensive than staying in Silverpark, but our room was superb!! I got an upstairs suite right at the end. It had windows on three sides!! It was as good as Jelai for bedroom birding.  I loved it. I went up on Friday afternoon, Sali came up on Saturday.  She had to entertain herself for much of Sunday, but Hui Min was around, so ada gak kawan....

Going round shooting all day was a bit of a challenge, especially carrying the heavy gear. I'm SOO glad I bought myself a fast SD card and monopod just before leaving. The monopod is so much more portable and easier to adjust. While going round, we got a Large Hawk Cuckoo at close range. Too bad the shots were shaky. I saw a long-tailed broadbill, but didn't manage to shoot it... Lifer!! Got the pygmy wren babbler too. My green magpies were very grainy because ISO was 3200. Sigh. Will need to learn to fix that. And next time I go up, I should do Telekom loop instead of staying at the usual route. Tan Dek had it worse with walking around all day. He has told Mr Phang that it would be his last Bird Race.

This year got a little awkward because I had gone down to Jeriau with Roto. It rained so we headed back up. Then we had the cakes I tapaued from Secret Recipe earlier. Then I somehow got linked with the Taman Negara Boys... Erm... excuse me? I don't even know their real names, for God's sake. it was kind of awkward because we kept bumping into each other. It IS a pretty small hill kan... His team included his brother and a Datuk whose name I didn't know. Plus team II from Tmn Negara. Seriously, I didn't get their names, even. And the last thing I need is another pointless non-relationship. Now I start rindu my anak ikan again... Hisk!

Ok, time to get back to work... Need to head up the hill again soon. FH... Saranghae!!

No comments: