Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Burying the dead...

Just came back from burying Little Kopi. I buried him by the river, behind the office.

A few weeks back, we saw that his eyes were badly infected and he had boils in many places. I wanted to take him to the vet, but i was already running late and I didn't have a cage handy. I knew from experience that he sometimes bites, so I didn't want to risk moving him without a restraining cage.

However it proved hard to find him in the coming weeks. i was ridden with guilt, thinking that he must have died alone, in pain and hungry. Suddenly he reappeared yesterday and I seized the chance to bring him to the vet.

Took him to Healing Pets and they diagnosed him with Cryotococcus infection, something almost as bad as sporo and possibly linked to FIV. It was like Jack's problem. I decided to put him to sleep. I was dry eyed this time. It's not the most heroic thing to do, but under the circumstances, it was the most practical option. I don't have the money or time to nurse a critically ill cat, while trying to keep him safe from my brats, and also keeping my brats safe from whatever he had.

At the end of the day, Allah knows best. RIP Little Kopi... I love you...

No comments: