Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Room mates? Where's the boundary?

I was chatting with a friend I barely knew last night, and felt rather disturbed by the turn of the conversation. I'm not a prude and I don't mind travelling with males, but I do draw the line at sharing a room with them. It bothered me also when he asked if our hypothetical future trip to South Korea would be just the two of us or with others. I was literally lost for words.

How do I tell this guy I barely met where my boundaries lie without sounding like a righteous prude? I DO travel around with G, but we are both aware of our boundaries. He is a gentleman and I know he will not try anything funny with me. We have also known each other for a long time. We were going out for dinner and coffee for yonks before we ever travelled together.

Anyway, I suppose I would tell him about my expectations soon. Directly, which is my preferred way. I'm too old to be flirting with young bucks looking to get lucky. 

No comments: