Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Post holiday blues

We came back from Korea a week ago and I'm still a little tired. It's not as bad as jet lag, thankfully. Just tired from lugging suitcases all over the country. I'm afraid I have become weak in my old age :P

The trip was fine, I got a whole bunch of photos, which i have not finished editing yet. I need to streamline my download/backup process, maybe make some changes. But not just yet. I'm still trying to understand Lightroom, although I have made some progress in the past months.

It was a very heartwarming experience to visit South Korea. People were nice, especially in Busan and Suncheon. I do wish I had spent more time learning Korean, but we got by with my K-drama Korean and a lot of help from Google Translate!

I loved Sokcho and I wish we had more time there. Wasted one day because it rained non-stop and we didn't proceed with Ulsanbawi. I enjoyed being lazy and napping though... Also took the opportunity to go through my photos on the "off day".

Unfortunately I also left behind my camera battery charger in the room. They found it, and I'm just waiting for the manager to post it back to me. He did say that he would be busy so I'm trying to be patient. Have been rather unwilling to buy a compatible charger since the bad experience with a "compatible" battery on the 1000D. Attempts to find a used charger failed and a new one from KLDSLR costs RM269. About Rm100 cheaper than retail price.  I might look it up in J-One, though. I feel a little more confident with their advice. Maybe they can help me charge up for a small fee instead of buying a new charger...

Will try to do some notes on the places we visited over the weekend. No promises though. I failed miserably with the UK trip :P haha.

No comments: